Some of you know that my site totally crashed last week.
And because it did, I didn’t get to share that I was guest posting at Darby Duggar’s site. She asked me to write about my prayer life during different seasons of our parenting lives. Go on over and say hello for me, would ya?
Some interesting articles around the web:
1. Attention all crafters! Have you heard of Spoonflower.com fabric printing on demand? Snap your photo, send it to them and they will print fabric by the yard for you. WHERE was this service when I was looking for menswear plaid material for making throw pillows last year??
2. And while we are on a crafty kick, this adjustable apron pattern is something I am going to try. I have made a gazillion aprons in my time and this one makes so much sense!
4. Did your marriage fall apart? Did he/she walk out? Although this blog written for single women whose husbands have walked out on them, all women will benefit from reading the perspective of this woman who was totally wronged. Her heavenly perspective is refreshing. Her article Should I Fight For My Marriage and How To Fight For My Marriage are excellent.
5. I am SO trying these homemade Oreos. Emily is an AVID Oreo lover. In fact, I frequently get to the grocery store and find that someone has scribbled the word “oreos” into my grocery list.
6. Books I am currently reading:
Helper By Design by Elise Fitzpatrick. I usually have one marriage book going at all times and this is it right now. It has been extremely helpful.
Questions like “Generally speaking, what do your words tell your husband and others around you about God’s beauty and the value of knowing Him?” Yup. The whole book is like that in typical Elise Fitzpatrick style. Thankful for gifted teachers who use their gifts to write books and teach women.
If You Bite and Devour One Another by Alexander Strauch.
You know I love counseling books and this one is just a must read for all Christians.
The bottom line: When trouble comes, there are two responses: A Spirit filled response, or a “works of the flesh” response. So many times in conflict we respond in the flesh and really damage our own Christian lives, testimonies, AND worse, the name of Jesus Christ.
7. Fall is right around the corner and I need to pull out my fall wardrobe. I am not much for following clothing fashion, but I do like to update my wardrobe with a few accessory pieces.
So incase you are wondering what is in for fall this year accessory-wise, I can help: Tall boots, silver or metal jewelry, chunky bangle bracelets, color block scarves, big handbags with embellishments and suede and leather.
Of that list, I will definitely do tall boots, silver jewelry and a colorful scarf. That is about as stylish as it gets around here folks.
What about you? Do you follow fashion or just accessorize a little? What books are you reading right now? Feel free to share in the comments.